Note before installation
Install the gateway to a secure location. In public places, install the gateway behind locked doors.
To ensure strong enough signal strength for data delivery, keep the maximum distance between mesh network devices under 20 m.
If the distance between a measuring sensor and the gateway is > 20m or if the sensors are separated by a fire door or other thick building materials, use extra sensors as routers.
Thingsee installation network structure
Thingsee devices build a network automatically. Devices communicate all the time to adjust the network structure for effective data delivery.
Sensors create subnetworks for data delivery by choosing the best possible route based on signal strength. The subnetwork chooses the strongest possible gateway connection for data delivery to the cloud.
The customer network is closed and secure. It cannot be harmed by third party connections.
Maximum amount of sensors per one gateway varies between 50 to 100 pcs, depending on the mesh network traffic load.
To ensure mesh network data flow, a second gateway can be installed on the other side of the installation site.
Things to avoid in installation
Avoid installing the Thingsee products near the following:
- Electrical transformers or thick electrical wires
- Nearby halogen lamps, fluorescent lamps or similar lamps with hot surface
- Thick concrete structures or thick fire doors
- Nearby radio equipment like WiFi routers or any other similar high power RF transmitters
- Inside metal box or covered with a metal plate
- Inside or underneath a metal cabinet or box
- Near elevator motors or similar targets causing a strong magnetic field
Make sure that data integration has been properly setup prior to the installation process. See link https://support.haltian.com. Thingsee data can be pulled (subscribed) from the Thingsee Cloud live data stream, or the data can be pushed to your defined end point (e.g. Azure IoT Hub before you install the sensors.)
Please make sure the Thingsee GATEWAY GLOBAL is installed before you install the sensors.
To identify the gateway, read the QR code on the backside of the device with a QR code reader or Thingsee installation application on your mobile device.
Identifying the device is not necessary, but it will help you keep track of your IoT installation and help Haltian support to solve possible issues.
To identify the device over Thingsee API, please follow the link for further information.
Connect the power source to the gateway and plug it into a wall socket with 24/7 power.
Note: always use the power source included in the sales package.
Note: The socket-outlet for the power source shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
Thingsee GATEWAY GLOBAL is always cellular connected:
LED indication is used to provide gateway status information.
The LED on top of the device starts to blink:
• RED blink – device is connecting to mobile network
• RED/GREEN blink – device is connecting to Thingsee cloud
• GREEN blink – device is connected to the mobile network and Thingsee cloud and is operating correctly
To close the device press the Power button for 3 seconds.
When released, device starts the shutdown process, red LED indication 5 times during a 2 second period. When in shutdown state, no LED indication.
To restart the device press the power button once and the LED sequence starts again.
What can go wrong?
- Ensure that the power outlet has 24/7 power output, so that we don’t loose the gateway e.g. in every night. In such case the system will recover once the power goes back up, but it is not optimal and causes some unnecessary stress to the devices and thus possible decreasing battery-life.
- Ensure that the gateway is hard or impossible to access by outsiders, so that it doesn’t get abused or stolen.
- The gateway uses cellular 2G connectivity, so in case of connectivity issues, try to locate the gateway near windows or some other open spaces that has less interference for cellular connections.
- If you have any trouble connecting the gateway, contact email@example.com
Read these simple guidelines. Not following them may be dangerous or against local laws and regulations. For further information, read the user guide and visit https://www.haltian.com
Do not cover the device as it may prevent the device from operating properly.
Due to radio frequency exposure limits the gateway should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 20 cm between the device and the body of the user or nearby persons.
Care and maintenance
Handle your device with care. The following suggestions help you keep your device operational.
Do not open, dismantle or modify the device. Unauthorized modifications may damage the device and violate regulations governing radio devices. If the device is opened by an unauthorized representative, the warranty will be null and void.
Do not store the device in wet or humid conditions.
Do not drop, knock, or shake the device. Rough handling can break it.
Only use a soft, clean, dry cloth to clean the surface of the device.
Do not clean the device with solvents, toxic chemicals or strong detergents as they may damage your device and void the warranty.
Do not paint the device. Paint can prevent proper operation.
Failure to comply with the instructions may cause damage to the device.
If the device is damaged contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified personnel may repair this device.
Your device is not a toy. It may contain small parts. Keep them out of the reach of small children.
Interference with medical devices
The device may emit radio waves, which could affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers, hearing aids and defibrillators. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the device without first consulting your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device. Maintain a safe distance between the device and your medical devices and stop using the device if you observe a persistent interference with your medical device.