ThingseePRESENCE (hw rev2) is a wireless sensor for measuring people’s presence through your facility. Thingsee PRESENCE gives you information on people’s movement in your spaces. You can use the sensor for facility management, workspace occupancy, and visitor count. ThingseePRESENCE uses a passive infrared sensor to detect a heat source movement (human, animal, etc) in an area. The indicative count of detections is reported to the cloud. The device has Wirepas connectivity and requires a Wirepas-enabled gateway for cloud communication.
- Operating temperature: -20 °C … +50 °C
- Operating humidity: 0 % … 100 % RH non-condensing
- Storage temperature: 0 °C … +25 °C
- Storage humidity: 45 % … 60 % RH non-condensing
- IP rating grade: IP40
- Certifications: CE, FCC, ISED and RoHS compliant
- Battery type: 2 x AAA, replaceable
- Expected battery life:
- Up to 5 years, with standard firmware
- Radio sensitivity: -95 dBm (BTLE)
- LED light for confirmation purposes
- Adjustable sensor sensitivity
Things to note when planning the service
There’s always a delay from measurement to alerts: measurement results are sent in predefined intervals (e.g. 1 minute) and some time is taken for the data to travel through the network and be processed in the cloud service.
Things to note when planning the installation
ThingseePRESENCE is based on a passive infrared sensor (PIR) and it detects the changes in heat sources (e.g. moving humans). If the temperature difference between the moving source and the surrounding environment is small, the reliability is significantly reduced.
Visitor counting is always affected by many external elements. E.g. the following factors affect:
- Width of the doorway
- People walking right next to each other
- Standing / slowly moving lines of people
- Cleaning and maintenance situations
The sensitivity cone is roughly 100 degrees horizontally and vertically up to 2.5 meters. From 2.5m to 5m vertical direction is limited.