Thingsee PRESENCE (hw rev2)
ThingseePRESENCE (hw rev2) is a wireless sensor for measuring people presence through your facility. Thingsee PRESENCE gives you information on people movement in your spaces. You can use the sensor for facility management, workspace occupancy, and visitor count. ThingseePRESENCE uses a passive infrared sensor to detect a heat source movement (human, animal, etc) in an area. The indicative count of detections is reported to the cloud. The device has Wirepas connectivity and requires Wirepas-enabled gateway for cloud communication.
This device uses following IMC(s) [TSPR04 XXXX13]
- Recommended operation temperature: from 0ºC to +50ºC
- IP rating grade: IP40
- Certifications: CE, FCC and RoHS compliant
- Battery type: 2 x AAA, replaceable
- Expected battery life : Up to 5 years, with standard firmware
- Radio Sensitivity: -95 dBm sensitivity (BTLE)
- LED light for confirmation purposes
- Adjustable sensor sensitivity
Things to note when planning the service
There’s always delay from measurement to alerts: measurement results are sent in predefined intervals (e.g. 1 minute) and some time is taken for the data to travel through the network and processed in the cloud service.
Things to note when planning the installation
ThingseePRESENCE is based on a passive infrared sensor (PIR) and it detects the changes in heat sources (e.g. moving humans). If the temperature difference between the moving source and the surrounding environment is small, the reliability is significantly reduced.
Visitor counting is always affected by many external elements. E.g. the following factors affect:
- Width of the doorway
- People walking right next to each other
- Standing / slowly moving lines of people
- Cleaning and maintenance situations
Sensitivity cone is roughly 100 degrees in horizontally and vertically up to 2.5 meters. From 2.5m to 5m vertical direction is limited.